The UK, EU & U.S. national debt is so bizarre that it is hard to know whether to laugh about it or cry about it.
The following are some quick facts about the U.S. & UK. government’s massive debt problems that will wipe any smile from any politician’s face:
* As of December 1st, 2014, the official debt of the United States government was approximately 12.1 trillion dollars.
* To pay this 12.1 trillion dollar debt would require approximately $40,000 from every single person living in the United States.
* The U.S. government’s debt ceiling has been raised six times since the beginning of 2006.
* The UK Government forecasts debt in the UK will soar to an eye-watering£1.5 trillion by 2016.
* As a result, in 2015 the interest on the national debt will cos £44.8 billion a year.
So how hard is it to spend a trillion dollars?
If you spent one dollar every second, you would have spent a million dollars in twelve days.
At that same rate, it would take you 32 years to spend a billion dollars.
….and it would take you more than 31,000 years to spend a trillion dollars.
We could do the same kind of list for most of the world’s industrialised countries.
Here’s the thing though…
Millions and millions of people are beginning to wake up to the reality of this “transitioning economy.” People are losing faith in their governments.
Our point is this: you cannot rely on politicians to get out out of this mess – they’re the ones that got us into it.
It’s up to You and Me to do that and You can do it this way: