I’m Kev and after 30+ years in corporate information technology as a software engineer, manager, and quality assurance and test expert I retrained in the latest digital skills and marketing.
I now offer through my company both Social Media Marketing and Software Quality Assurance assistance to businesses throughout the world, we have UK and US clients and happy to take on more….
Can We help you?
Social Media see KE.Agency
Fancy filling in our survey – check it out here.
I attach here my CV for your review, so you can see I am an Expert in software design, development, and test.
Also look at the following Social Media sites ( in the top navigation) to see I’m also an expert in Social Media Marketing.
Tingewick, Buckinghamshire, MK18 4RA. (M) 07968 967570 (E) HumphreyKevin@me.com
Position sought: Social Media Manager and / or Software Quality Assurer
Profile: Experienced Agile Software Test Manager committed to maintaining cutting edge digital technical skills and up-to-date industry knowledge.
A veteran of numerous projects with full software development life cycle experience, with hands-on testing, team leadership and line management experience in various roles over a long career in software development.
A solid eleven years concentrating on the testing of Web-based E-Commerce & ERP (SAP) systems, with hands-on testing, management, strategy, planning and coordination of test teams, covering unit to UAT, functional and non-functional, manual and automated (Selenium), in complex and fast paced Travel, Retail and Financial companies.
A career professional with a structured software development background, with experience of running projects under the Waterfall/V model & Agile (with Scrum & Kanban), using SSADM, DSDM, Prince II, making use of Microsoft Project, Visio and, trained to ISEB/ISTQB standards for software testing.
Testing – E-Commerce – Websites – Cross Browser – Cross Platform – End-To-End Manual – Automation
Team Leading – Motivation – Inspiration – Monitoring – Feedback – Results
Founder, Social Media & Test Manager – Kevin Paul Humphrey Ltd. Mar 15 to current
- I run a social media agency and software quality assurance company that provides social media posting, advertising, training & testing to clients in the UK and US.
- I Develop you a Marketing Strategy to increase awareness of your business using Instagram as the primary location with automation then posting, based on hashtags to the other media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Provide testing expertise for web-based and E-Commerce systems.
Senior Solutions Manager – Home Retail Group June 2014 to March 2015
- Multi-channel marketing department within the test & solutions team
- I collaborated across the technology and marketing departments, bringing the latest technology into marketing
- I explained complex technology based projects in marketing terms and ensured the software solutions delivered provided improvements required.
- I coordinated with system partners to finalise designs and confirm business requirements
- I consistently met deadlines in a complex and fast-paced retail environment, putting my extensive project management and testing skills to their best use.
- I trained junior team members in the use of testing tools (HP Quality Center) and best practice for website testing.
- I designed and ensured the quality of system changes, primarily IBM based, ensuring each project delivered against the departments digital project objectives for the year.
- I advocated and became a core member of the Innovations team. I visited Google and Microsoft to understand the latest innovations within Retail and reported back on the recommendations, so they could be added to the future digital plans for Homebase and Argos.
Business Acceptance Test Manager – TUI Travel June 2013 – June 2014
- I developed and delivered on a complex test strategy, managing and planning the work of the Digital / E-Commerce Business Acceptance Test team of eleven testers.
- I sourced and trained additional resources from the business as required on a project by project basis.
- I advocated the use of Agile with scrum for new projects and educated the testers in the methodology.
- I provide an excellent service, taking on full responsibility for accepting all business as usual (BAU) and digital-related projects.
- I ensured key projects were deployed with the best quality possible, while all meeting business and seasonal deadline, for Falcon, First Choice, and Thomson websites, covering desktop, tablet, and mobile applications.
- I organised numerous weekly system releases, that made use of Hybris, Endeca and @Com technology.
- I consistently managed the testing function that had an offshore and near shore set up.
- I instilled the need for automation and was instrumental in setting up the automated regression scripts for UAT, in Selenium.
Software Tester – Ccubesolutions Apr 2013 – June 2013
- I provided consistent testing of the electronic data management systems that are used by the NHS.
- I implemented an automated testing suite, to ensure that the systems used by the Met. Police force, for the storing scanned paper records., had no major defects
E-Commerce Test Manager/Lead – Computacenter May 2005 – Jan 2013
- 7+ years on a rolling contract at Computacenter
- I had full autonomy for functional and regression testing worked as the E-Commerce Test Manager/Lead for the “Connect” E-Commerce web system.
- I ensured the quality of all software released to the B2B and B2C market.
- I mentored and trained junior members in the skills of testing.
- I instilled in the team the benefits of working under Agile with scrum, when it was introduced as part of the ‘green field’ Connect project development.
- I developed the team and was responsible for expanding the testing function into all areas of the information services department.
- I provided consistent and valued support to all in-house resources, reviewed project documentation, created, reviewed test strategies, estimated, planned, executed and reported on testing.
- I collaborated with the third party software development companies, Conchango, EMC, Deloitte and Red Prairie, the Computacenter users and technical staff, to agree on a consistent and effect approach to testing, to identify risks and dependencies as early on in the full lifecycle of possible.
- I supervised and provided direction for 3 direct testers and up to 200 Business testers during UAT.
- I provided hands-on testing and defect resolution, tracking and management catered for via Test Plan (Original Software) and SAP Solution Manager.
- I ensured the quality of software by providing testing expertise during requirements collection, into unit test all the way through to user acceptance test and business as usual.
- My in-depth understanding of the websites and supporting architecture ensured a smooth transition of projects into production. This consisted of the Blue Martini [Red Prairie] architecture making use of Java and J2EE, with an Oracle database, interfacing to the backend ERP of SAP.
- I ensured the quality of; UK & German websites and backend systems for CCExpress, CCD, Government, CHBU.
SAP Group ERP Test Manager / PMO – Computacenter Feb 2010 to Feb 2012
- As the UK Group ERP Test Manager, I aligned the test strategy with the third party suppliers and business community
- I supervised the daily testing, via matrix management with ten test leads, of 200 business testers
- I was instrumental in the test planning and day-to-day test process on the £35 million Group ERP implementation project.
- I reported daily on the UAT progress which installed the SAP ERP Central Components ( SAP ECC 6.0) and sixty other enhanced systems.
Senior Business Analyst – Home Loan Management Ltd [Skipton Building Society Group] March 2003 – April 2005
- I provide user acceptance testing of a new server-based, object oriented system called JADE, that replaced the mainframe, mortgage and investment systems.
- I was instrumental in ensuring the quality of software changes to meet the government lead “mortgage day” changes to meet the Financial Services Authorities (FSA) rules.
- I had responsibility for and managed the provision and security of data within the test environments, ensuring that data was refreshed and obfuscated to ensure data integrity when based on production examples.
- Through diligent investigation, I delivered twenty-five successful projects to blue chip clients, by producing business requirements documentation, and then performing functional, user acceptance testing and risk management.
Chief Technology Officer – Web design May 2002 – February 2003
Senior Technology Manager – ThinkNatural Apr 2001- May 2002
- I inspired a team of ten to produce their best work for the start-up
- I reported weekly to the board and took pride in my overall responsibility for the running of the Technology department, reporting directly to the board of Directors,
- Day to day I coordinated the efforts of the Support, Development and QA functions
- The areas of responsibility included the back end systems, warehouse technologies.
- I was instrumental in creating the high profile, award winning (New Media Age Health & Leisure website of the year, and Internet Magazine’s Site of the Month), e-commerce website (www.thinknatural.com)
- My knowledge and in-depth understanding of the ATG platform ensured consistent and clean releases into production on a weekly basis.
Software Development Manager – Canon (UK) Ltd. 1987 – Apr 2001
- Through hard work and dedication, I progressed from senior programmer to the position of Software Development Manager.
- Through motivation and reward, I created a smooth running department and a team of professionals, all creating their best work on a consistent basis.
- I coordinated the efforts of the Information Communications Technology Services (ICtS) team consisting of twenty-two IT Professionals.
- I had full responsibility for support and development for the ERP package called Movex from Intentia on the AS/400 Platform.
- I ran a project for Canon Photo division to install a state of art Data warehousing solution, along with numerous projects that enhanced the software provided in support of the admininistration throughout Canon.
- I was instrumental in the development of the team, introducing Java, so that we were able to support the Web applications.
- My remit was the whole software development for Canon (UK) catering for CRM, B2B and B2C requirements.
- My role as team manager covered the areas Technical support of the IT development systems, Analysis, Coding, Testing and QA functions.
Senior programmer – Philips Electronics 1985 – 1987
- I provided perfectly coded Cobol, CICS, DL/1 Programs to ensure the smooth running of the Philips sales and warehouse systems.
Junior programmer – General Guarantee Corporation 1983 – 1985
- I provided perfectly coded Cobol, CICS, DL/1 Programs to ensure the smooth running of the GGC insurance systems.
Hobbies & Interests:
I am interested in most active sports, most especially horse riding, cycling, hockey & golf.
I started the Canon Hockey team and ran it for 5 years and also played for Battersea Park Wanderers for 15 years where I played for the men’s team and captained the mixed team known as the “Weasels”.
English, Math, Computer Studies, Physics, Graphical Communications, Metalwork, Geography.
BEC/TEC National Diploma and NCC certificate in Computer Studies both passed with a distinction.
ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing – Passed 7th April 2008
Digital Experts Academy, social media, marketing, website design, sales funnels, re-targeting, videography, cinematographs, mindset training. August 2014 to present.